Pilates Can COVID Safe Plan - As Updated 4th March 2021
Safe Work Australia has developed an online hub with information on how to minimise the risk of COVID-19 exposure in your workplace. This hub is updated regularly. Included in the Appendix of this COVID Safe Plan are the checklists provided by Safe Work Australia.
For further updates relating to the Australian Capital Territory go to: www.covid19.act.gov.au
The Safe Work Australia checklists included in the Appendix:
KEEPING PEOPLE SAFE (you, staff, clients and the public)
MAINTAIN GOOD HEALTH, HYGIENE AND CLEANING
Safe Work Australia – Cleaning and Disinfecting
Below are some extracts from the Safe Work Australia site regarding cleaning and disinfecting:
“COVID-19 spreads through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. A person can acquire the virus by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose or eyes.”
To protect our staff and clients from the risk of exposure to COVID-19 it is important to implement the appropriate cleaning and disinfecting measures for our Studios.
A combination of cleaning and disinfection will be most effective in removing the COVID-19 virus.
“Workplaces must be cleaned at least daily. Cleaning with detergent and water is usually sufficient. Once clean, surfaces can be disinfected. When and how often your workplace should be disinfected will depend on the likelihood of contaminated material being present. You should prioritise cleaning and disinfecting surfaces that many people touch.”
“Alternatively, you may be able to do a 2-in-1 clean and disinfection by using a combined detergent and disinfectant.” As noted above, these spray bottles will be labelled as 2-in-1 clean and disinfection and will include detergent, water and viraclean. These 2-in1 sprays bottles should be used by clients with a paper towel to clean the piece of equipment they have used including cleaning the vinyl straps/handles they have used. These 2-in-1 spray bottles should also be used by staff as needed. This spray bottle combination is to be used frequently and daily (as needed).
“It’s important to clean before disinfecting because dirt and grime can reduce the ability of disinfectants to kill germs. Disinfectants require time to be effective at killing viruses. If no time is specified, the disinfectant should be left for ten minutes before removing.” Therefore, it is essential that clients, at all times, place their own large towel on the surface that they are using.
Please note, do not saturate any surface when cleaning. All cleaned surfaces should be left as dry as possible to reduce the risk of slips and falls, as well as spreading of viruses and bacteria through droplets.
RESPONDING TO A COVID-19 INFECTION
You are not expected, and should not try, to diagnose people. However, you have a work health and safety duty to minimise the risk of workers and others in the workplace being exposed to COVID-19, so far as reasonably practicable.
If you reasonably suspect someone could have the virus, or has been exposed, this creates a health risk at your workplace, and you will need to follow the steps below.
If anything is unclear, see detailed guidance on the Safe Work Australia Website
State and territory health department helplines:
- Australian Capital Territory (02) 5124 9213
- New South Wales 1300 066 055
Contact tracing is undertaken by public health authorities. From Saturday, 6 March 2021, it is mandatory for clients to use the Check In CBR app before commencing their session in the studio. There will be a unique CBR code for each studio.
- It is mandatory for clients to check in if they are aged 16 years or older.
- There is no option to keep paper records.
- If a patron refuses to check in, our business should highlight the importance of the check in requirements to assist the contact tracing efforts, and to keep the community safe and businesses open.
- The QR code will be displayed on an A4 poster at the studios: at the entrance to each studio (either side of the door) and at reception.
- If a client does not have a smart phone, then staff/instructors must use the business profile function in their ‘Check In CBR app’ to check them in. Devices should not be handed to patrons to enter their personal details as this creates a hygiene risk.
Re-Opening Rules of Engagement
What can I do to keep my workers safe at the workplace and limit the spread of COVID-19?
- SWA – Health, Hygiene & Facilities Checklist
- SWA – Cleaning Checklist
- SWA – Physical Distancing Checklist
- SWA – Keeping workers safe at the workplace and limit the spread of Covid-19
- Pilates Can – Health Maximisation Update
- Department of Health – COVID-19 infection control training
- APS – Coronavirus (COVID-19) anxiety and staying mentally healthy
- WHO – How to Handwash?
- WHO – How to Handrub?
- ACT Government – Responsibility in shared spaces