Pilates Instructor Course —
Starts March 2024
Pilates Can are hosting our next Clinical Pilates Studio Rehab Instructor Course here in Canberra in 2024, starting March, so check it out now!
Interested in an internship at Pilates Can?
Provide your details and learn more
Pilates Can Provide Internships
Internships include free participation in our sessions, lots of valuable mentoring, and guaranteed work with our studios, following the achievement of your qualification. (Conditions apply)
Pilates Can provide a clinically focused, social & fun, whole body Pilates experience. Our culture and studio atmosphere is encouraging and welcoming. This helps with results.
All our Pilates teachers mentors and instructors are highly qualified & experienced. As a team we have conducted over 80,000 hours of Professional Pilates instruction in Canberra over the last 18 years.
What does the Pilates Rehab / Studio Equipment Instructor course involve?
The Polestar Studio and Rehab Series trains students to become Pilates teachers of the highest calibre; well versed in Pilates principles, program design, exercise sequencing techniques and practice, you will learn how to use all of the equipment developed from designs by Joseph Pilates; Reformer, Trapeze Table, Combo Chair and Ladder Barrel. You will be confident in verbal, tactile and combined cueing practices to facilitate motor learning, and be competent to work with both healthy and injured clients one-on-one and in small group.
The Polestar Pilates curriculum has the reputation of being the most scientifically based Pilates curriculum in the world, taking Pilates education to a new pinnacle. Course format includes lectures, reading assignments, research literature review, writing assignments and more.
Polestar are the Australian Government registered training provider for these courses throughout Australia. The Polestar organisation provides similar courses in the Americas, Europe and Asia and are recognised internationally as one of the largest providers of Pilates instructor training courses around the world.
Polestar Studio Rehab Instructor Course in Canberra
Here are the dates for the 2024 Pilates Equipment Instructor course:
2 – 3 Mar
6 – 7 Apr
18 – 19 May
15 – 16 Jun
27 – 28 Jul
24 – 25 Aug
Prerequisites for 2024 courses
- HSC or higher qualification
- Good understanding of Pilates –recommended minimum of 25 hours of personal Pilates practice (either Matwork or studio)
- Completion of Anatomy & Physiology Units through a recognised education provider is required for entry into course or already have this qualification*.
- Completion of Polestar Principals short online course (or live in Sydney – 2 days). Included in the cost of the course, but must be completed prior to first module in Canberra.
* You would already meet the Anatomy & Physiology pre-perquisites if you are already qualified in one of the following occupations : Physiotherapist, Osteopath, Exercise Physiologist, Nurse, Myotherapist, Remedial Massage Therapist, Cert IV Personal Trainer.
Hours for Studio/Rehab Equipment Course
- Duration: 600 hours
- Lectures and Homework: 330 hrs
- Observation: 70 hrs
- Self Mastery: 100 hrs
- Apprentice Teaching: 100 hrs
- + Final Exam within 12 months: 3 hrs
Educator, mentors and student instructors from one of our previous Pilates teacher training courses in Canberra.
I would like to talk to someone about this course.
Course starts soon, so be quick!