Thursday 7th October 2021 at 3:30pm
COVID Safety Plan - Return to Studios - Summary
Great News – We have planned a gradual return of studio sessions, to maximise long term safety and continuity.
Our Pilates Can COVID Safety plan is based on the safety directions from the ACT Government.
Social distancing & sanitisation are cornerstones of our successful return strategy. Also, we will continue to remain well under the 1 person per 4 metres (i.e. based on the square meterage of our studios).
Here are the main items to be aware of if you are planning to join us in the studios:
For everybody’s health and safety, it is every client’s responsibility to do the following:
- Stay away if sick – you can easily arrange and do a make-up session via the usual process.
- Wear a Face Mask during sessions as this is mandatory. If you forget to bring your own personal face mask, you will be able to purchase a face mask at the studio.
- Arrive no earlier than 2 minutes before your session is due to commence.
- On arrival, sign in via the ‘Check in CBR’ App whilst in the atrium outside the studio. Please stay in the atrium outside the studio until the instructor asks you to come into the studio.
- Use the hand sanitiser in the studio before starting sessions.
- Bring your own large towel to place on any of the surfaces you are using.
- Clean each surface and any equipment that you have used, before moving on. Spray and cloths will be supplied for this purpose.
- Wear clean socks at all times. These do not have to be grippy socks. However, we do have a good supply 😊
- Socks and Towels left in the studio will be kept in a box in the reception area for collection. However, if items are not collected by the end of each week, the unclaimed items will be thrown out.
- Bring a fresh plastic bag, or other personal bag, to put your shoes and any loose items into as this will assist with maintaining the hygiene for everyone.
- If desired, you can also bring your own gloves.
- If purchasing items, please pay via credit card rather than cash.
- If you need to use a theraband in the studio, you will need to bring your own or purchase one at the studio.
- The change rooms at the Manuka studio will be closed until the 2nd stage of reopening on Friday 29th October, so please come already prepared.
- Please exit promptly at the end of the 55 minute session. This ensures everyone has a safe and timely session.
Wednesday 1st September 2021 at 5pm
Thank you, and all our clients, for your continuing support.
We have received many messages from clients thanking us for providing our online Pilates sessions. It has been a joy helping our clients maintain their excellent Pilates exercise habits.
- are already participating in our online Pilates sessions, your regular bookings will continue.
- have not yet had the pleasure of experiencing our Pilates Can live online sessions, but would now like to join in, please contact us.
- would like to support us further and provide a great gift for a friend, please consider one of our gift vouchers.
All the best, stay well, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Claire & David Gunther
Pilates Can Pty Ltd
Friday 27th August 2021 at 5pm
Thanks again to all our wonderful clients who have been joining us via our online Zoom Pilates sessions.
Currently it is unclear, and looks doubtful, that the ACT Government will be able to provide any “go ahead” later next week, for us to be able to go back to the studio.
Therefore please assume that we will continue to book those clients, who have already transitioned into online sessions, into their usual online session times. Please check your online schedule closer to the dates of those sessions, as our client service staff are working hard to make those changes on the system.
Also a big thanks to all who have said they look forward to re-joining us in the studios after lockdown ends. We certainly look forward to that also. If in the meantime, due to the extra length of the lockdown, you would like to join us online, please email us and we will make that happen for you.
Thanks again, and warm regards
Claire & David Gunther
Pilates Can Pty Ltd
Friday 13th August 2021 at 7:30pm
Pilates Can is Locked Down & Loaded with Online Sessions
To all our wonderful clients at Pilates Can – Thank you for your support.
As the ACT is in lockdown, the delivery of our Pilates semi-private and Mat sessions via Zoom has commenced at Pilates Can.
Our strategy, to help you maintain your excellent Pilates exercise habit, is to keep everything the same that can stay the same, and only change the things we need to change.
This will also help us to stay in business so we can assist you in the studio after the lockdown is successful.
- All sessions that were booked in our studios are now booked into online Zoom Pilates Semi-Private or Pilates Mat sessions.
What stays the same:
- Your booked session times remain the same, unless you are sent an email advising a different time.
- You will be able to book and see your sessions with your online account as normal.
- Your automated session reminders will come out to you as usual, confirming your booking in your session.
- Your usual instructor will remain the same, as far as possible. However, not all of our instructors are able to instruct effectively online, so you may have a new instructor or time for your session.
- If you are a semi-private client your instructors will have access to your program and all information, as well as maintaining the same low numbers or perhaps lower, per semi class.
- Your ability to reschedule or cancel sessions remains the same. Please change your bookings via the App or your computer as usual.
- Your ability to suspend your direct debit, or extend your pack also remains the same. If you do not intend to participate in our Zoom Pilates sessions, please let us know and we will suspend your DD if a payment is due during this lockdown.
- If you have any questions, you can contact us at [email protected]
- If you need help with joining into your zoom session, we can arrange a call to assist you through the sticking points.
Please find the Zoom link below that you will need to access your booked Pilates sessions online instead of in the studio.
If you are new to our zoom sessions here is our page designed to assist you with making an easy and effective transition:
Thanks for your help and support during these challenging times.
Claire & David Gunther
Pilates Can Pty Ltd
Thursday 12th August 2021, 2:00pm
In line with the latest ACT Government requirements and advice, we are back into lockdown from 5pm today.
So all booked sessions both semi private and mat will be running via Zoom, and you can access them via the links on this page, unless you receive different information from us via email.
Please check your email, including your junk for our advice.
If you are not familiar with the Zoom procedures please also check out the link to our page with vital information about the how to access those sessions. This page will be updated as needed.
Thank you and keep well,
Claire & David & our Beautiful Team at Pilates Can 💙💚
Monday 28th June 2021, 4:30pm
Face Mask Update
In line with the latest ACT Government requirements, we ask that everyone visiting our studios wears a face mask. For the extra safety of all our clients and instructors, we do encourage you to wear your face mask throughout your session.
Our other COVIDsafe rules still apply, such as:
💙 Using the Check In CBR app when attending our Pilates Can studios.
💚 Bringing a large towel to lay over our mats and other equipment, and wearing clean socks.
💙 Keeping up to date with the latest travel advice and venues of concern, and staying home from Pilates
if you have been to an affected region.
Thanks for your assistance with helping keep the community safe and our beautiful Pilates studios open. 💙💚
Thursday 4th March 2021, 5pm
Check In CBR
In line with the ACT Government’s updated public health direction, it will be mandatory to use Check In CBR app when attending our Pilates Can studios from Saturday, 6 March 2021.
Please download the app on your smart phone/other smart device, and save your contact details in that app, before attending your next session. This will help make it a smooth process for everyone.
Thanks for your assistance with contact tracing efforts, and helping keep the community safe and our beautiful Pilates studios open.
Monday 1st June 2020, 3:30pm
Re-Opening Rules of Engagement
For everybody’s health and safety, it is every client’s responsibility to remember to do the following:
- Bring a large towel – each client must put their own large towel on the surface they are using
- Wear clean socks at all times. These do not have to be toe socks. However, we do have a good supply
- Socks and Towels left in the studio will be kept in a plastic garbage bag, initially for collection
However, if items are not collected by the end of each week, the garbage bag will be thrown out.
- Bring a fresh plastic bag, or other personal bag, to put your shoes and any loose items in
i.e. No shoes or other loose items are allowed in the pigeon holes, other than in your own plastic bags
- Loose shoes and any other large items will go out in the corridor
- Stay away if sick – you can easily arrange and do a make-up session.
- Use the hand sanitiser in the studio before starting sessions
- Clients are responsible for cleaning the surface that they have been using
You will be supplied with spray to clean & paper towels to dry the same surface
- If desired, clients can bring their own gloves and/or face masks.
These items are not compulsory, but are encouraged if it helps you.
- DO NOT arrive earlier than 2 minutes before your session is due to commence.
You may find yourself waiting in the corridor.
- If purchasing items pay via credit card rather than cash
There will be no exceptions to the conditions of entry described above.
Non-compliance will mean that you will be unable to participate in the session.
If you cannot participate, due to non-compliance, then your attendance will be marked as a late cancel.
If you are denied entry, because you have forgotten your safety responsibilities, you can arrange to do a make-up session.
Wednesday 27th May 2020, 5:30pm
Pilates Can Re-open Our Pilates Studios Next Week!
Hi PilatesCan Peoples,
Yes, we are only days away from seeing your lovely smiling faces and couch ridden bodies back in our beautiful studios, along with our wonderful instructors & specialised Pilates equipment.
Do not worry, Pilates Can get you all mobile & less creaky again. We will also help your immunity.
The first step is to get your regular session back on the “In Studio” timetable. Conversely, many clients have also asked us to keep their “Online At Home Pilates” going after the re-opening. The great news is that we can do both.
We need your feedback on this today, so that you can have the best opportunity to get your choice of session time back on, or to stay on the schedule.
To make our re-opening as safe as possible, we have a special “Pilates Can COVID-Safe Plan”, which includes some increased focus on cleaning, social distancing, and other practical strategies. But we will provide more information on that later.
We also want to give out our love and special thanks to all the people who have made this transition back to the studio a reality. There are so many who have really made a difference for Pilates Can. We cannot possibly mention everyone. You know who you are ????.
You can best help us right now by filling in this 20 second survey.
Claire & David Gunther
Friday 27th March, 5pm
Wow, what a wonderful transition we are making to our “Pilates Can at home live session streaming service”.
So far you can have: Kirrilly in your garden, Susan in your courtyard, Claire in your bedroom, and Merina on your desktop. You can even have Emma on your lounge.
These Live Online Streaming sessions are available for you wherever you are. As long as you are booked in, Pilates Can will send you the session link. We are gradually changing all the sessions on our timetables. This is a big process, and we are very thankful for your patience and support.
Let us know if you need help to book in at [email protected] and we will get you all set up.
Then you can have Ralene for breaky, David drop in for morning coffee, Kerrie for lunch & Avalon for afternoon tea. You can even have Clayton for dinner if you want!
Pilates Can keep our community moving towards “CoronaExit” so we can all minimise the pain and feel fantastic.
Tuesday 24th March, 6:30pm
Our Pilates Can studios locations will be temporarily closed from early tomorrow morning Wednesday 25th March 2020, due to the Government shutdown.
So, on to plan B, where we are now offering online live streaming of our Pilates sessions. Please check out the link to our page with vital information about the how to access those sessions. This page will be updated over time with more useful information as we grow the timetable.
The instructors have had heaps of fun working out how to deliver these high quality live online streaming sessions for our clients. And we all agree that the novelty of using this platform for our Pilates sessions will also deliver many hilarious moments as well as a high standard of clinical Pilates.
These outcomes, along with the maintenance and probable strengthening of our community, will certainly help you as a client, along with our staff and our business, to come through our current challenges in great shape.
We will continue to help our clients move properly, minimise pain and feel fantastic through this difficult time and beyond. We will re-open the studios as soon as we are given the all-clear.
Thank you and keep well,
Claire & David & our Beautiful Team at Pilates Can
Monday 23rd March, 11:15am
Dear Pilates Can Clients
We remain open in our Pilates studios at this time to help you heal your body and feel fantastic during this difficult time and then also over the long term. We have two main strategies at this point.
The first is to keep studio sessions going with limits on numbers that are well below the government requirements for people in the indoor spaces. We can easily manage social distancing requirements and have further lowered our already low maximum numbers of bookings in sessions.
The following is currently the view of both our industry association Pilates Association of Australasia (PAA) and of our business Pilates Can:
We do not categorise our appointment only services in our highly controlled, clinical environment to be the same as gyms, pubs or clubs. If other personal services such as beauticians, hairdressers and Physios are able to stay open, then we assume at this time, so can Pilates studios.
The second strategy is for the online classes that we will ramp up with more information for you later today.
Please let us know if you have any concerns by emailing our administration directly at:
Thanks and keep well
Claire & David & our Beautiful Team at Pilates Can
Thursday 19th March, 4:30pm
We have been taking more proactive measures to keep the studio clean and safe prior to and now during this escalating situation.
Our objective is to help you and our community stay strong and well in mind and body through this challenging time.
Due to a new demand from a variety of clients we will be trialing in the next few days various online Pilates Can services including Private, Semi & Mat sessions. Please look out for further information regarding these services that will help those clients who need to self-isolate for a time, to stay connected and healthy. Pilates Can instructors met today to test out how we could roll out these services
Our most recent updates remind clients to sanitise their hands before entering the studio and asks all clients to bring a towel with them to each session.
Pilates Can instructors are taking extra care to wipe down all mats and equipment after use. We also appreciate you all continuing your good hygienic habits, such as wearing socks in all sessions.
All the best to all out Pilates Can community, and we wish you and your families the very best of health.
Tuesday 17th March, 4:30pm
Your health and wellbeing continue to be our priority here at Pilates Can. We take the coronavirus situation extremely seriously.
We have been taking proactive measures to keep the studio clean and safe prior to and now during this escalating situation. Our objective is to help you and our community stay strong and well in mind and body through this challenging time.
We are cleaning all equipment with anti-bacterial cloths daily. We encourage you to use the hand sanitiser we’ve made available in the studio and follow the other recommendations we have detailed below in previous updates.
We sent special information to our instructors over two weeks ago and have been taking progressive steps as the situation has warranted. Our instructors are vigilant with personal hygiene and, of course, will not come to the studio if they are unwell.
Please look for further updates to come, that will include further measures as necessary. Meanwhile take care of yourselves. We are here to help keep you well and happy, and we look forward to seeing you in the studio.
Monday 16th March, 6pm
Firstly, a big thanks to all our Pilates Can clients and staff for continuing your excellent Pilates exercise habit over the last few months despite the various recent events.
So that we can all keep your Pilates practice going for as long as possible, we have the following further advice that will help us all protect your wellbeing during this time.
Top Priority Health Maximisation Habits at the Studio
Wash & Sanitise Hands
Please use the hand sanitiser provided when entering the studio. Use in similar way to the hand washing videos shown lower down this page. Wash your hands before coming.
Please bring your own personal hand towel and use it (with the same surface down each time) on each studio surface where you lay your head or face. Ensure you take your towel from your session.
We encourage you to follow the advice of the health authorities regarding self-quarantine and testing if you are symptomatic or have travelled overseas recently. As notified by the Australian Government, please ensure you self-isolate for 14 days after arriving back in Australia from overseas. Once this period has finished, we look forward to seeing you again in our Pilates Can studios.
If you are unwell prior to your session, please do not attend. Please do cancel online as normal.
If your cancellation is due to being unwell, and it is also a late cancellation, then when you are feeling up to it, please send us a quick email to this address: [email protected]
Please do not call about your cancellations and reasons. Cancellation of individual sessions by phone makes these changes more problematic for both Pilates Can clients and staff.
If You are in a High-Risk Category
If you are in a high-risk category you may want to decrease risks by:
- taking the extra precautions outlined below, or
- by letting us know that you will not be attending for a defined period-of-time.
If these are a good practice for you, please feel free to wear your own surgical style face mask and or disposable gloves in your Pilates sessions. We would rather you feel comfortable with your health and safety during your attendance, and the extra precaution will be appreciated by all.
If the second strategy works best for you, please inform us via email to [email protected] requesting a package extension or a direct debit suspension and ensure that you receive a response.
Pilates is a healthy habit that will help your wellbeing and build your immune system to be able to deal with health challenges ahead.
Monday 16th March, 4:30pm
What is the best way to wash or sanitise your hands before your session? Check out these videos from our friends at Bug Control Infection Control Advisory Service.
Tuesday 10th March, 6pm
You may have noticed some new signage around our studios. For the wellbeing of everyone, please remember to bring your socks and use the hand sanitizer provided before beginning your Pilates sessions.