Avalon has been working as a Pilates Mat instructor with us since September 2016, after nearly 20 years as a classical dancer in both opera and musicals. As a dancer, she developed a deep passion and understanding of the relationship between movement, coordination of the body, and its connection to a sense of physical well-being.
After sustaining physical injuries during dance her career, Avalon discovered the benefits of Pilates on the rehabilitation process. Through the Polestar method of Pilates, she was struck by the precision and effectiveness of this style of movement.
Avalon’s dance background, life experience, and education is invaluable to her Pilates teaching style. Utilising her knowledge and skills Avalon assists clients with their personal journey in understanding how their bodies can move efficient and functional way.
In addition to teaching Pilates, Avalon is also a casual teacher.
- Polestar Pilates Matwork Certificate IV
- Pilates Alliance Australasia Matwork Member
- Bachelor of Education in Dance and English
- Studying towards a Diploma in Polestar Pilates Studio and Rehabilitation
- Dance training in the Royal Academy of Dance method
Want to try Pilates under the guidance of Avalon? Sign up for one of our mat sessions here.