Starting in February 2019 we will be hosting another Pilates Mat Instructor Course right here in Canberra!
- Where: Pilates Can – Woden and Manuka Studios
- Duration: 285 hours
Yes we have a comprehensive, Government registered, career starting, Pilates mat instructor course here in Canberra in early 2019.
PilatesCan provide help with possible internships
You may qualify for an internship with Pilates Can. (Conditions apply)
PilatesCan host the instructor courses in their Canberra Pilates studios in Woden and Manuka. Pilates Can have also been providing Canberrans with a clinically focused whole body Pilates experience for over 14 years. Our instructors are all highly qualified and experienced and as a team, have conducted over 50,000 hours of Profesional Pilates instruction.
During this time Pilates Can have also hosted multiple Polestar Pilates instructor courses, providing possible internship opportunities for pre-selected prospective Polestar students. (Conditions apply)
What does the course involve?
The Polestar Pilates Mat Series trains students to become teachers of the highest calibre; well versed in Pilates principles, program design, exercise sequencing techniques and practice, with emphasis on group dynamics for the Pilates Matwork. You will be confident in verbal, tactile and combined cueing practices to facilitate motor learning, and be competent to work with healthy clients one-on-one and in group.
The Polestar Pilates curriculum has the reputation of being the most scientifically based Pilates curriculum in the world, taking Pilates education to a new pinnacle. Course format includes lectures, reading assignments, research literature review, writing assignments and more.
Polestar are the Australian Government registered training provider for these courses throughout Australia. The Polestar organisation provides similar courses in the Americas, Europe and Asia and are recognised internationally as one of the largest providers of Pilates instructor courses around the world.
2019 Dates for this course are:
Starting in February: Polestar Principles – Sydney or Online,
then in Canberra 02-03 March 06-07 April 11-12 May
Prerequisites (Prior to February 2019)
Completion of Anatomy & Physiology Units through a recognised education provider is required for entry into course.
- Duration: 285 hours
- Lectures and Homework: 155 hrs
- Observation & Self Mastery: 80 hrs
- Apprentice Teaching: 50 hrs
- + Final Exam within 12 months: 3 hrs
- Pilates Teacher of the highest calibre; able to instruct Matwork classes in a Pilates Studio, gym and corporate environments from beginners through to advanced repertoire
- Well versed in Pilates principles, program design and exercise sequencing techniques for a group mat class
- A solid understanding of precautions and contraindications for Pilates exercises that can be incorporated into your programming
- Proficient at verbal and tactile cueing combined with imagery to facilitate accurate execution of the movements
- Communication skills for successful teaching
- Modification of exercises for special populations
To inquire about this course please fill out the contact us form at the bottom of the page.
(Photo below shows educator, mentors and students from recent Pilates instructor course in Canberra)