As humans we are built to move and we should be able to enjoy that experience without pain. By focusing on increasing core strength and building flexibility, Pilates invigorates participants to move freely, i.e. with less pain and more efficiency.
This is why Pilates Mat-work classes are the ideal environment to achieve those benefits, as the Pilates instructor can deliver more personalised direction to individuals who all have different bodies, abilities and possibly also different injuries or other risk factors.
In addition to these benefits a Pilates beginners course will also:
- Provide positive reinforcement of good exercise habits – particularly if scheduled at the same time on the same day.
- Build on basic movement patterns and techniques in a safe environment with the goal of moving towards more difficult and intense exercises over time.
- Provide a chance to personally experience the benefits of Pilates.
- Opportunity for the instructor to learn about each participants body and mind connection, thus allowing for more personal direction and progression over time.
Through the provision of more personalised direction Professional Pilates instructors can manage the differences, abilities and risk factors of each individual while still keeping the group moving. Excellent Pilates instructors will:
- Use a combination of direct (audible), tactile (appropriate contact), and visual cueing techniques.
- Ensure that all participants understand and can achieve the smart goals being set by the highly planned repertoire (exercise combinations).
- Work the class skillfully within a generic format aimed at the general level of the particular small group, whilst still accommodating the individuals needs.
- Use the latest exercise science knowledge to maximise results and minimise risk. This is how Pilates has developed over the last 80 years, particularly Pilates in Australia.
- Combine all of the above to communicate the intent of each exercise, which will often be focussed at activating under-used core postural muscles and deactivating over-used larger global muscles, through movements/pilates exercises.
Pilates beginners courses in Canberra are the most cost effective, when delivered properly in a professional Pilates Studio environment, like PilatesCan, by highly experienced and specifically qualified Pilates instructors. They are also a very different and exacting exercise activity, when compared with what is available at the many gyms in Canberra.
At PilatesCan Manuka and Woden you can participate in courses that will introduce Pilates to you in the most beneficial way possible. And when you continue your Pilates journey with PilatesCan you will be assured that you will be looked after more individually, as instructors will have more time for you personally in the small group environment as the studio’s approach is to encourage all generally healthy Pilates beginners to do a “Beginners Pilates Mat Course”.