Starting in June 2019 we will be hosting another Pilates Equipment Instructor Course right here in Canberra!
- Where: Pilates Can – Woden and Manuka Studios
- Duration: 454 hours
Yes we have a comprehensive, Government registered, career starting, Pilates mat instructor course here in Canberra in mid 2019.
PilatesCan provide help with possible internships
You may qualify for an internship with Pilates Can. (Conditions apply)
PilatesCan host the instructor courses in their Canberra Pilates studios in Woden and Manuka.
Pilates Can have also been providing Canberrans with a clinically focused whole body Pilates experience for over 14 years. Our instructors are all highly qualified and experienced and as a team, have conducted over 50,000 hours of Profesional Pilates instruction.
During this time Pilates Can have also hosted multiple Polestar Pilates instructor courses, providing possible internship opportunities for pre-selected prospective Polestar students. (Conditions apply)
To inquire about this course please fill in your contact details at the bottom of this page.
What does the course involve?
The Polestar Studio and Rehab series trains students to become teachers of the highest calibre; well versed in Pilates principles, program design, exercise sequencing techniques and practice, you will learn how to use all of the equipment developed from designs by Joesph Pilates; Reformer, Trapeze Table, Combo Chair and Ladder Barrel. You will be confident in verbal, tactile and combined cueing practices to facilitate motor learning, and be competent to work with both healthy and injured clients one-on-one and in small group.
The Polestar Pilates curriculum has the reputation of being the most scientifically based Pilates curriculum in the world, taking Pilates education to a new pinnacle. Course format includes lectures, reading assignments, research literature review, writing assignments and more.
Polestar are the Australian Government registered training provider for these courses throughout Australia. The Polestar organisation provides similar courses in the Americas, Europe and Asia and are recognised internationally as one of the largest providers of Pilates instructor courses around the world.
2019 Dates for this course are:
Starting in June: Polestar Studio and Rehab – in Canberra
15 – 16 June 20-21 July 24-25 August 28-29 September
02-03 November 07-08 December
Prerequisites (By June 2019)
- HSC or higher qualification
- Good understanding of Pilates –recommended minimum of 25 hours of personal Pilates practice (either Matwork or studio)
- Completion of Anatomy & Physiology Units through a recognised education provider is required for entry into course.
- Completion of Polestar Principals short online course (or live in Sydney – 2 days) Is included in the cost of the course but must be completed prior to first module in Canberra.
If you are already qualified in one of the following occupations you would meet the Anatomy & Physiology pre-perquisites: Physiotherapist, Osteopath, Exercise Physiologist, Nurse, Myotherapist, Remedial Massage Therapist, Cert IV Personal Trainer.
- Duration: 454 hours
- Lectures and Homework: 112 hrs
- Observation & Self Mastery: 170 hrs
- Apprentice Teaching: 100 hrs
- + Final Exam within 12 months: 3 hrs
- Pilates Teacher of the highest calibre; Equipment classes in a Pilates studio from beginners through to advanced repertoire
- Well versed in Pilates principles, program design and exercise sequencing techniques for private and semi-private equipment sessions
- A solid understanding of precautions and contraindications for Pilates exercises that can be incorporated into your programming
- Proficient at identifying the principles of biomechanics, kinesiology, motor learning and neuromuscular facilitation that help in the process of critical reasoning.
- Ability to design training and treatment programs that help you solve client problems and meet their training goals.
- Proficient at verbal and tactile cueing combined with imagery to facilitate accurate execution of the movements.
- Confident in the practical application of the repertoire through the use of case studies.
- Communication skills for successful teaching
- Modification of exercises for special populations
- Progression of movement following an injury
To inquire about this course please fill out the contact us form at the bottom of the page.
(Photo below shows educator, mentors and students from recent Pilates instructor course in Canberra)