Next up is the Longstretch.
This is good for
Developing abdominal strength and trunk stability, strengthening and stabilising the shoulders. This is a great exercise for our intermediate students as it provides challenge while requiring good body awareness and core strength.
How to do Longstretch
- In plank position, inhale to bring carriage to stopper, body moving forward over footbar
- Exhale press body back to start position.
- Maintain plank position throughout – do not let your bottom lift or sink!
- Keep abs drawing in and up.
Things to focus on
Keep your shoulders down and wide throughout this exercise. Maintain a long line from the top of the head to the heels. Avoid lifting/lowering the hips as you move the carriage in and out.
- Maintaining the long position while moving the carriage back and forward is a good challenge for the shoulders and abs!
If you would like some expert direction from highly experienced instructors, try our Semi-private Equipment sessions.
Our Manuka studio is within easy access of Forrest, Kingston, Barton, Griffith, Red Hill, Narrabundah, Garran, Hughes, Curtin, Phillip, Mawson, Farrer, Pearce, and Torrens.